The League believes that everyone should have access to health care, including care for mental illness and substance use disorders.
What do we advocate?
- Comprehensive behavioral health services for children and adults
- Elimination of stigma associated with mental illness
- Access to treatment and support for substance use disorders
- Community awareness and education about available services
- Increase access to affordable housing for people with behavioral health disorders
How Can You Participate?
- Learn more about behavioral health and available services by reading the League newsletter
- Attend a meeting of the Behavioral Health Board (BHB)
- Join a BHB committee to fit your interest: Adult, Children, Substance Use Disorders, Justice
- Attend League workshops on behavioral health issues
- Participate in community forums led by BHB, the County Behavioral Health Department, and the National Association for Mental Illness