We support responsible stewardship of both public and private lands, recognizing that land use planning impacts air, water, mineral and biological resources and shapes social and economic conditions.
What do we advocate?
Establishment of livable communities with...
Affordable housing and safe neighborhoods
Adequate parks for recreation
Establishment of complete neighborhoods with…
Essential public services close at hand
Urban designs that conserve energy
Population densities that support mass transit
Conservation and protection of resources, including...
Preservation of agricultural land
Cooperation among all levels of government that…
Supports long-range planning goals and objectives
Includes public participation and wise use of public funds
How Can You Participate?
- Write or call elected representatives
- Speak and speak at government meetings
- Write letters to government agencies and newspapers
- Serve as a public member on transportation committees
- Attend League workshops on land use planning