We are truly a grassroots organization...
The League of Women Voters of North Carolina, through its network of 16 local leagues, participates in government at all levels.
- Through our platform, VOTE411.org, we have provided thousands of citizens with updated election information including detailed candidate statements on federal, state, and local candidates.
- LWVNC and its local leagues register voters, including new citizens, as a priority activity and a means to make sure every eligible voter is able to participate at the ballot box.
- The Leagues hosts or supports numerous candidate forums, panel discussions, and voting rallies, frequently working with partner organizations.
- We convene community forums to discuss important issues in the state, including redistricting reform and the passage of the ERA.
- Our members are active vote protectors, serving as poll observers and precinct officials for elections.
- Serving to provide a link between the public and government, our members observe and report back to membership on governmental meetings, including town council meetings, county commissioners, boards of education, boards of elections, special committees for affordable housing, environmental protection, as well as the General Assembly and legislative committees
- We write letters to the editor of local newspapers, press releases and position statements to various media, speak at public meetings and utilize the press to advocate for our issues.